Illinois Technology Leaders To Discuss and Feature the Future of the Internet at 2nd Annual Exploring the Internet of Things Summit
CHICAGO—The Illinois Technology Association will host the 2nd Annual Exploring the Internet of Things Summit to bring together technology leaders from leading companies to discuss emerging technology and the Internet of Things, where devices are connected via the Internet.
"The emerging trend in technology and the Internet is where devices are truly connected in a network world to transform life—from health and safety to vehicles and transportation and where we live, work and play," said Fred Hoch, chief executive officer, Illinois Technology Association. "Chicago is home to great innovators and is making its mark as a leader in the Internet of Things, which will be discussed and demonstrated at the Summit."
The 2nd Annual Exploring the Internet of Things Summit will feature seven panel discussions: investing in the Internet of Things; exploring mobile health and wearable technology; hiring and education; using smart homes, energy and cities; driving connected vehicles and transportation systems; reinventing manufacturing and retail delivery; and, leveraging security, privacy and governance.
"Patient-centered advancements in medical technology are a key benefit of the IoT," states Gary Conkright, CEO, director and founder of Illinois-based physIQ. "Actionable intelligence from connected, non-invasive, wearable devices is improving patient care and mobility." Among the panelists in the mobile and wearable device discussion, Conkright pioneered the game-changing physIQ data analytics platform for analyzing data streams originating from medical and other monitoring devices.
Interactive exhibits include:
- AMPY: A wearable device that uses your own energy to charge devices, such as your cell phone.
- Fitness Cubed: A workout station for your desk.
- INNOVA UEV: The Dash is a smart, sustainable and fully connected urban electric vehicle for cities, campuses and communities.
- Motorola Mobility: Motorola exists to invent, build and deliver the best mobile devices on the planet, improving the lives of millions of people.
- Tastebud: We build mobile experiences that personalize the world around you.
- Thabble: Thabble offers a turnkey, low-cost and simple to use, real time location system, able to track people, assets and places in a facility to provide actionable business insights.
- Zebra Technologies: Zatar lives in the cloud. Now your devices can, too. Share Data. Take Action.
Summit attendees are invited to ride in the Innova UEV Dash, a new kind of sustainable transportation. The fully electric Dash is a smart, emission-free vehicle offering 4G LTE connectivity to deliver the optimum city, campus and community driving experience.
Media interested in more details should contact Christa Carroll at 630.408.9164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.