Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Mobile
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join its best-in-class engineering/technology team. Members of the Engineering team at physIQ are highly motivated, engaged, curious, and bright. Guided by Agile/Scrum principles, much of our energy is focused on the continuous improvement of our team culture and development practices. We are dedicated to efficient delivery of value to our users and work closely in small cross-functional teams, engaging regularly with Product and other stakeholders to communicate issues and ensure alignment. We also support knowledge sharing among team members with specific technical skill sets and strive to foster those Communities of Practice so that we are always learning and growing. Innovation and collaboration are at the heart of our values and processes, and we believe that diversity—in all its forms—is the key to discovering new ways to contribute to the betterment of our team, our products, and the people who use them
You are a person who:
- Is passionate about quality, naturally curious and not afraid to be a disruptor
- Thrives working in small teams and often wears many hats
- Has a strong desire to automate and proven record of driving continuous improvement
- Invests in your own self-development
- Demands the best of themselves and their team
- Possess strong testing, critical thinking, and organizational skills and the ability to assess risk
- Develop tools and test automation to validate mission-critical phone and watch applications
- Document and communicate complex technical ideas
- Promote best practices and improvements in test methods and strategies
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Be given the flexibility and latitude to develop solutions to complex problems
- Be continually challenged
- Play a pivotal role in the success of physIQ
- Extensive experience testing mobile applications (Android/iOS, Tizen/WearOS)
- Extensive experience using a major testing framework such as Appium, Espresso, Cucumber, or UIAutomator
- Experience testing connected 3rd party devices over Bluetooth
- 7+ years experience in a software testing or quality role
- 5+ years experience developing test automation and/or frameworks for backend services in an object-oriented language, preferably Kotlin or Java
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix, shell scripting, configuration management, and CLI
- Experience working with code coverage libraries like Jacoco
Nice to have:
- SOTI Management
- Samsung Knox
- SauceLabs Real Device Cloud
- Kubernetes, Docker, and GCE/GKE