Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for an analytically minded, experienced Cloud Operations Engineer willing to work and innovate with the vigor of a fast-growing business. As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that deployment and integration tasks are completed successfully and for running cloud platforms smoothly for our cloud solutions to meet the business and platform requirements.
- Support and maintain our cloud infrastructure
- Prioritize operational deliverables with production teams
- Interface with development teams to communicate issues and recommend improvements in their respective applications
- Continuous monitoring of systems to ensure stability and reliability
- Incremental automation to streamline standard operating procedures
- Foster our policies and procedures in the areas of incident response and monitoring
- Coordinate technical resolution of major incidents
- Execute on improvement efforts in information security and privacy
- Maintain production security system and audits
- Continually assess the infrastructure for vulnerabilities and suggest de-risking efforts
- Manage task assignments to ensure commitments are delivered on time
- 4 or more years of hands-on system administrator experience (Windows Server and Linux) in an internet focused production environment (IIS, SQL Server, .NET, Active Directory, LAMP)
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, bash)
- Hands-on experience with cloud-computing stacks (GCP, AWS, RackSpace, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization platforms (VirtualBox, HyperV, VMWare)
- Experience with system and network monitoring (Nagios, xabix, Microsoft SCM)
- Experience with SOC-2, NIST, or other applicable security framework
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure security and privacy tools
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols (TCP/IP, ssh, HTTP/HTTPS, UDP, switches, routers, iptables, firewalls, load balancers)
- Experience with building and configuring physical servers is an asset
Nice to have
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent English written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand business context and requirements
- Ability to hit the ground running and provide value immediately
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals