Senior Backend Engineer
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join its best-in-class engineering/technology team. Members of the Engineering team at physIQ are highly motivated, engaged, curious, and bright. Guided by Agile/Scrum principles, much of our energy is focused on the continuous improvement of our team culture and development practices. We are dedicated to efficient delivery of value to our users and work closely in small cross-functional teams, engaging regularly with Product and other stakeholders to communicate issues and ensure alignment. We also support knowledge sharing among team members with specific technical skill sets and strive to foster those Communities of Practice so that we are always learning and growing. Innovation and collaboration are at the heart of our values and processes, and we believe that diversity—in all its forms—is the key to discovering new ways to contribute to the betterment of our team, our products, and the people who use them
- Own technical direction for all public API development
- Develop and maintain end-user documentation for all public API functionality
- Develop new backend application functionality and expose it public APIs
- Grow a team of talented engineers to help us achieve increasingly ambitious goals and support them in a player/coach capacity
- Enable self-service API development across engineering team for efficient feature development.
- Follow and encourage industry standards and best practices, while taking into account existing code structure and organization.
- Work intimately with Technical Architect, Product Director, Lead SDK
- Engineer, and Software Leads to ensure APIs, SDKs, and client tooling
- support product vision and roadmap
- Meet with stakeholders (internal & external) to ensure backend application and public APIs, provide the necessary capabilities
- Occasional development of client-side SDK routes to stay abreast of
- challenges on both sides of the network divide
- Maintain a high standard of consistency in code and external interfaces
- Ensure proper test coverage and automation across backend application and APIs
- 5+ years experience with JVM languages
- 3+ years experience API development
- 2+ years experience with relational databases
- 1+ years experience with Kotlin (any platform)
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration (end-to-end and unit tests)
- Experience with Docker and containerization