PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the Scrum processes and ceremonies. S/he increases team efficiency, motivates the team, advocates for their best interest, and fosters relentless improvement. They ensure the DoD (Definition of Done) and process-related Best Practices are being followed. As a servant-leader, the Scrum Master will work in and on behalf one or more cross-functional Agile teams. S/he will also participate in establishing, enforcing, and maintaining standard practices of reporting plans and progress and resolving blockers Members of the Engineering team at physIQ are highly motivated, engaged, curious, and bright. Guided by Agile/Scrum principles, much of our energy is focused on the continuous improvement of our team culture and development practices. We are dedicated to efficient delivery of value to our users and work closely in small cross-functional teams, engaging regularly with Product and other stakeholders to communicate issues and ensure alignment. We also support knowledge sharing among team members with specific technical skill sets and strive to foster those Communities of Practice so that we are always learning and growing. Innovation and collaboration are at the heart of our values and processes, and we believe that diversity—in all its forms—is the key to discovering new ways to contribute to the betterment of our team, our products, and the people who use them.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
- Removing blockers or guiding the team to remove them by finding the right personnel to address and resolve the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done by fostering the team’s intrinsic motivation
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Guiding by example and embracing the servant leadership role wherever possible
- Reporting status, blockers, and performance metrics within a common set of practices established by the PMO
- 2-4 years experience in playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Relevant Certification (CSM, CSP, PSM, SAFeSM, etc.)
- Knowledge of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: techniques for estimation, grooming, writing User Stories, and tracking; familiarity with compiling, performance metrics, facilitating a variety of Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
Nice to have
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role in an organization that operates within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack, Zendesk, Pendo, UserSnap, etc)
- Experience serving as the Scrum Master for multiple teams at once and/or collaborating with other Scrum Masters to meet program-level goals
- Experience working within a Project Management Office structure