Lead DevOps Engineer
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers, with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion, and relentless drive towards solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers, and their patients, depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are, literally, keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen, and do it with a world-class team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our growing team! The DevOps Lead will be an integral part in our ability to deliver a rapidly evolving high-quality product. In a small team, the right candidate gains leverage through automation, shared knowledge, and the empowerment of the development team to self-service on infrastructure needs.
- Establish and cultivate a DevOps culture within the engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement of our infrastructure, development environments, and DevOps process
- Proactively react to the changing needs of a rapidly growing team
- Leverage automation & orchestration to drive quality and overall team efficiency
- Push the limits of continuous delivery in a regulated environment
- Empower developers to self-service the deployment of new and existing services
- Ensure overall systems architecture supports customer SLAs
- Proactive identification of issues/risk and implementation of preventative action
- Effectively test and verify deployment of automated infrastructure
- Balance the competing requirements of operations and development teams
- Own system architecture of physIQ Cloud Platform
- Ensure infrastructure architecture and DevOps processes are documented for the team
- Collaborate with Engineering to improve performance, security, deployment, etc
- Manage and grow a small team of DevOps engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in DevOps, 5+ years overall development experience
- Extensive knowledge on current DevOps best practices
- Extensive Experience with:
- Orchestration and configuration management tools (salt/chef/ansible/etc.)
- Deploying and administering distributed systems (Kafka, Casandra, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Implementing monitoring solutions (zabbix, zenoss, nagios, prometheus, etc.)
- Linux system administration (Redhat/CentOS preferred)
- Scripting languages (bash python, etc.)
- Some experience with:
- Deploying production services on Docker/Kubernetes
- A major cloud platform (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Testing of automated infrastructure
- Dedication to documenting and distributing knowledge
- Passionate learner who prides himself on staying current with new technology and trends
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries
- A problem solver able to balance competing priorities
- Strong process orientation and ability to manage through complexity and change
Nice to have:
- Management of technical teams
- Experience migrating existing infrastructure to containers/kubernetes
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org