Lead Data Engineer
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists, and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers, with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion, and a relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers, and their patients, depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are, literally, keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things happen only when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen, and do it with a world-class team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team! Our Lead Data Engineer will lead and grow a team of engineers focused on collecting, storing, processing, analyzing, and serving huge data sets in our real-time healthcare platform. The data engineering team will be 100% focused on ensuring physIQ has a cutting-edge, rock-solid, real-time analytics platform.
Initial responsibilities include taking ownership of existing data processing systems, developing a 12-month roadmap, and starting execution of that plan. Longer term, this role will be responsible for curating a world-class data engineering team and ensuring the physIQ analytics platform is second to none in healthcare.
- Design new streaming and batch data processing solutions to meet business needs
- Implement and maintain solutions with hands-on leadership of data engineering team
- Collaborate with architect to develop roadmap for data systems and development plans
- Collaborate with architect to develop architectural and technical decisions around data systems
- Ensure proper technical documentation for all data systems
- Own data availability and integrity within platform
- Ensure production data systems are both scalable and fault-tolerant
- Drive quality through test-driven development and testing best practices
- Support verification and validation of data systems per physIQ Quality Management System
- Proactively identify issues and risks with data systems and implement preventative solutions
- Work collaboratively with our data scientists to understand problems and implement optimal solutions
- Productize offline analytic models into our platform as real-time systems
- Work collaboratively with our DevOps & Security teams to ensure regulatory security compliance
- Ensure data systems are instrumented properly for real-time monitoring
- Work collaboratively with our Cloud Operations team to meet disaster recovery requirements
- Leverage modern, open source technologies and extend/improve as needed
- Evaluate new technology solutions continuously
- 8+ years of experience in a hands-on, data-centric role (architecture, streaming, warehousing)
- 3-5 years of professional experience with Java and Python
- Proven track record of innovation and expertise in data engineering
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies
- Experience with modern data processing platforms (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Flink, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with distributed systems (Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries
- Ability to coach, develop, and lead others
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile development and continuous integration
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience in designing, deploying, and managing large-scale application infrastructures
- Experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS or GCE
- Production experience with Flink
- Production experience with Spark
- Production experience with Cassandra
- Development experience with Gradle
- Development experience with Kotlin
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org