Director Data Services
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is seeking an experienced Director/team leader with engineering and integration expertise to develop robust IT solutions for the company’s Professional Services business unit. As Director, Data Services, you will be central to our model and overall organizational success. Leveraging data to derive the advanced analytical insights from multiple data sources to drive business decisions, you will enable the execution of business strategies and measure business and clinical results and outcomes. While this role has direct-line accountability for a team and you will provide mentorship, guidance and development to analysts by leading highly complex projects and consulting with market leaders to develop solutions. In this role you:
- Manage a team of highly skilled engineering and data management professionals
- Interface and collaborate with other members of the leadership team
- Deliver high-value services to the customer with outstanding service outcomes
- Extract and deliver business analytics from company’s product platform
- Automate the company’s user support operations
- Investigate and work with Engineering to remediate platform issues
- Build relationships with senior level operations leadership to understand multifaceted business problems and develop analytical solutions to complex issues
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders in key business areas including patient attribution and risk stratification to target high risk patients for care management programs
- Be independently accountable for generating and applying analytical insights
- Function as a senior level coach and mentor to analysts; ensure quality results
- Mine patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Build and continuously monitor reports and dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics
- Provide direction in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Develop business and technical requirements for database and system development
- Manage a team of 3-5+ professionals with technical experience in engineering, data modeling, and data integration
- Provide data movement and integration services for customers looking to import existing data sets into the product and then extract that data into their own EDW or cloud service
- Support customer support, product teams and department leadership with ad hoc reporting from all business operations systems as needed
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role in big data or healthcare industry
- Examples of end accountability for results; has owned a large-scale analytics initiative with ownership of success or failure
- Skilled in effectively interfacing with senior level business and clinical leadership
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Proven achievement in putting data into practice and successfully engaging business partners to drive change
- Record of leading successful complex analytics projects along the spectrum of support
- Experienced in mentoring analysts to provide guidance and insight into understanding data and complex business problems
- Ability to autonomously manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming language; experience with a statistical programming software such as Python or R preferred
Nice to have
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results