Data Engineer (Research Team)
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking a skilled developer who has a passion for designing and building data science tools for advanced users, and an interest in working closer to machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our data comprise raw sensor waveforms and derived vital sign features from patients and human subjects using continuous wearable sensors in unconstrained activities of daily living. With physIQ, you will develop tools and systems to be used with large, rare troves of millions of hours of warehoused sensor data with clinical context. Your customers and colleagues will be data-science power users.
In this role, you will be focused on designing, developing, deploying and supporting tooling – from widgets to systems – that accelerate research into our sensor data streams and physiology feature data. This is not our production platform; instead, it is specialized, unique tooling we need in the research area where new algorithms are designed and validated. You will work closely with our algorithm designers to productize their modules for release to our platform and for regulatory submissions. You will design test rigs to perform validations at scale. You will ridicule and purge our ad hoc scripts and replace them with robust, reusable tools by which your colleagues will be awestruck. You will bring order to the threat of chaos.
A successful candidate will:
- Be capable of working independently to recognize scaling and modularity opportunities in data engineering.
- Have strong organized coding skills.
- Have strong design and documentation habits and an impulse for perfectionism.
- Have good visualization tooling talents.
- Design, develop and support data analysis pipelines
- Design, develop and support data visualization tools
- Design, develop and support analytical validation test rigs
- Harden algorithm modules to make them production-ready
- Write design and validation documentation under quality systems practices
- Troubleshooting of production-released algorithms
- Curate critically important proprietary data trove assets
- Facilitate batch data loading projects from customers with historic datasets of interest
- 4-year undergraduate technical degree (science, engineering, compsci)
- 4 years of experience post-undergraduate with app/system development
- 2 years of experience post-undergraduate with data engineering responsibilities
- Expert coding skills in Python
- Expertise in cloud computing (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with a wide range of data storage formats and databases
- Work experience with time-series data collected from biosensors
- Proven record of working independently to deliver results
Nice to Have
- Experience with machine learning or AI
- Experience with web-based data visualization
- Experience developing medical data apps
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Familiarity with biomedical sensors
- Exposure to Android app development for Bluetooth sensor data stream