Data Engineer Professional Services
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion and relentless drive toward solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers and their patients depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to ensure physIQ remains on the forefront of using data to drive positive healthcare outcomes.
As a core member of the Professional Services and Operations department, you will be in a very dynamic environment that works cross-functionally with all other departments, such as Engineering, Research, Account Management and Product. You will work on a broad array of problems that rely heavily on solid data engineering principles being in place: business intelligence, data science, and software engineering. Key attributes are pro-active, self-motivated, solutions oriented, and alert to finding inefficiencies that could be improved through technology. We heavily value diligence, curiosity, and initiative, as those are key to unlocking the value of physIQ's data for our users and our decision-making. Your work will be impactful across the entire organization and greater healthcare delivery horizon.
- Provide data movement and integration services for customers looking to import existing data sets into the product and then extract that data into their own EDW or cloud service
- Develop in-house platform and tools to abstract and analyze meta-data from the company’s medical patient monitoring platform to gain insights into operational questions
- Automate the company’s user support operations
- Develop and maintain ETL infrastructure to support the ingestion of external data sources
- Migrate client data into physIQ's platform per established service level agreements (SLA)
- Define and implement key metrics for physIQ's data warehouse
- Perform data quality assurance checks
- Help scale physIQ's data strategy as the platform and business grows
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Deep knowledge of SQL and at least one database technology
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. git) and writing reusable and extensible code
- Highly self-motivated with strong analytical problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Nice to have
- Experience with Java or Python development
- Experience with workflow management systems such as luigi or airflow
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining ETL infrastructure in a production setting
- Experience in machine learning and/or business intelligence
- Experience with ETL tools like Apache Kafka, Logstash, Segment, Informatica
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure
- Experience working in Healthcare, Finance or another regulated industry