PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion, and relentless drive towards solving the impossible.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers, and their patients, depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are literally keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when people make them happen. If you want to make things happen and do it with a world-class team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
PhysIQ is looking for a Backend Engineer who can help us reinforce our existing ecosystem of cloud technologies (including Kubernetes, Apache Flink, Cassandra, MySQL, etc.) to maintain our stable foundation of modern tools and solutions in order to continue to meet our customer and business needs. A great Cloud Engineer will find a balance between regular feature work, cross-team collaboration, and advocacy and leadership for improvement efforts when he or she identifies them. It should be no surprise that quality is a central focus to us as a company devoted to managing and helping improve peoples’ health.
- Design, develop, test, and document software in a manner consistent with our FDA-compliant management system
- Follow development best practices and coding standards
- Prototype new solutions and maintain existing ones
- 4-year technical degree (Computer Science or Engineering)
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 5-10 years of software engineering to include Java, Scala, and Python
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Flink and/or other Big Data processing platforms.
- Experience with Agile development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Casandra, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment (preferably software development) and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
- Top notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a changeful environment
- Confidence in being a self-starter with excellent oral and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Designing, deploying, and managing large-scale application infrastructures
- Experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS or GCE
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience working in a SAFe organization