PhysIQ is a medical technology startup developing and commercializing revolutionary, patented artificial intelligence analytic algorithms and software, using data from wearable body sensors, for advanced at-home patient monitoring in healthcare. We strive to provide a stimulating, flexible work environment for smart, talented people who want to work on fascinating new technology and deliver groundbreaking products for healthcare. Our management team has considerable experience with company-building, fundraising and successful commercialization of new technology products.
Do you have a broad-ranging interest spanning multiple technology platforms? Are you interested in business analytics and process automation? Do you enjoy working with a variety of systems, rather than being locked into one product or programming language? Are you fascinated by the challenges of delivering innovative technology to demanding users in the medical and healthcare industries? Then we have the challenges you seek!
PhysIQ is seeking a talented “utility player” technologist to develop robust IT systems to deliver business analytics and automate the company’s user support operations and also investigate emergent issues in the company’s medical device hardware (sensors, smartphones). This position is autonomous from the company’s product development team and will be the lead technology role in the company’s customer-facing business unit. Immediate backlog includes creating data-driven insights to answer logistical and operational questions and automating key tasks to drive successful product adoption by our medical user base.
This role is a good fit for someone who prefers to work across multiple technologies and systems, enjoys the challenges of diverse technology projects and does not like to be locked into just one programming language or the development of just one product module.
Suitable backgrounds may include any of:
- Business analytic experience
- Computer science or engineering education
- Internet-of-Things experience
- Medical IT systems experience
- System integration experience
- Develop in-house platform and tools to abstract and analyze metadata from the company’s medical patient monitoring platform to gain insight into operational questions
- Write Python scripts against the API of the company’s medical patient monitoring platform
- Code middleware between APIs of third-party tools used by the company for certain business operations (Zendesk, Jira, etc.)
- Develop and administer SQL databases for inventory, provisioning and other business operation systems
- Document procedures around business analytics and operation platforms, including system access, maintenance, backup and disaster recovery
- Manage cloud servers performing the above tasks, commonly with AWS/Google Cloud consoles, SSH and Linux command-line scripting
- Investigate and triage product hardware issues, e.g., Android phones, Bluetooth, etc.
- Set up and conduct validation tests of smartphone apps and sensors to statistically characterize sporadic performance issues
- Collaborate with product development team on characterizing software and hardware bug severity and prioritization
- Support customer support team and department leadership with ad hoc reporting from all business operation systems as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Degree in a quantitative field such as:
- Computer science
- Strong Python programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux OS administration
- Experience working with a REST API
- Solid communication and writing skills
- Self-disciplined and solutions oriented
- Cloud processing experience (preferably Google Compute Engine)
- Android phone app development
- IoT/sensor development
- Experience with version control software, preferably Git
- Experience with health IT systems
- Experience with business analytic systems
- Experience with compliance and regulatory environments