Data and Operations Technologist
PhysIQ is a medical technology startup developing and commercializing revolutionary, patented artificial intelligence analytic algorithms and software, using data from wearable body sensors, for advanced at-home patient monitoring in healthcare. We strive to provide a stimulating, flexible work environment for smart, talented people who want to work on fascinating new technology and deliver groundbreaking products for healthcare. Our management team has considerable experience with company-building, fundraising and successful commercialization of new technology products.
Do you have a broad-ranging interest spanning multiple technology platforms? Are you interested in business analytics and process automation? Do you enjoy working with a variety of systems, rather than being locked into one product or programming language? Are you fascinated by the challenges of delivering innovative technology to demanding users in the medical and healthcare industries? Then we have the challenges you seek!
PhysIQ is seeking a talented technical “utility player” with data and integration expertise to develop robust IT systems for the company’s Customer Success business unit. By serving as the technical expert to the customer implementation and support teams, you will:
- Extract and deliver business analytics from company’s product platform
- Automate the company’s user support operations
- Investigate emergent issues in the company’s medical device hardware (sensors, smartphones)
- Provide enhancements or investigations into the product functionality
Immediate backlog includes creating data-driven insights to answer logistical and operational questions and automating key tasks to drive successful product adoption by our medical user base.
This role is ideal for someone who is not intimidated by the unknown of problems or situations they are tasked with solving, and instead is energized by finding and implementing a smart solution. Key attributes are pro-active, self-motivated, solutions oriented, and alert to finding inefficiencies that could be improved through technology.
This role is a good fit for someone who prefers to work across multiple technologies and systems; enjoys the challenges of diverse projects; and does not like to be locked into just one programming language or development of just one product module.
Suitable backgrounds may include any of:
- Business analytics experience
- Computer science or engineering education
- Internet-of-Things experience
- Medical IT systems experience
- Systems integration experience
- Develop in-house platform and tools to abstract and analyze meta-data from the company’s medical patient monitoring platform to gain insights into operational questions.
- Write Python scripts against the API of the company’s medical patient monitoring platform.
- Code middleware between APIs of third-party tools used by the company for certain business operations (Zendesk, Jira, etc.).
- Develop and administrate SQL databases for inventory, provisioning and other business operations system.
- Document procedures around business analytics and operations platforms, including system access, maintenance, backup and disaster recovery.
- Manage cloud servers performing the above tasks, commonly with AWS/Google Cloud consoles, SSH, and Linux command line scripting.
- Investigate and triage product hardware issues, e.g., Android phones, Bluetooth, etc.
- Set up and conduct validation tests of smartphone apps and sensors to statistically characterize sporadic performance issues.
- Collaborate with product development team on characterizing software and hardware bug severity and prioritization.
- Support customer support team and department leadership with ad hoc reporting from all business operations systems as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Degree in a quantitative field such as:
- Computer science
- Strong Python programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux OS administration
- Experience working with a REST API
- Solid communication and writing skills
- Self-disciplined and solutions oriented
- Cloud processing experience (preferably Google Compute Engine)
- Android phone app development
- IoT/sensor development
- Experience with version control software, preferably Git
- Experience with health IT systems
- Experience with business analytic systems
- Experience with compliance and regulatory environments