DevOps Engineer Job Description
PhysIQ is a transformational leader in applying highly sophisticated technology to solve some of the most pressing problems in healthcare. More specifically, we are forging the frontier of healthcare delivery at the intersection of mobile technology and artificial intelligence. Our team is comprised of veteran technologists and world-class data scientists and our solutions set the market standard for scalability and sophistication. Furthermore, we are implementers, with a proven track record of transforming an audacious technological vision into mission-critical solutions for our customers.
- Our core values are simple and are defined by integrity, passion, and relentless and drive towards expanding the horizons of medical technology.
- We are a team in its purest definition. We all pull on the rope together, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
- Our customers, and their patients, depend on us to deliver technology that will forever change healthcare. We are, literally, keeping people out of the hospital. We are changing lives.
In our world, amazing things only happen when peoplemakethem happen. If you want to make things happen, and do it with a world-class of team of visionaries and doers, we encourage you to apply.
physIQ is looking for a smart energetic DevOps Engineer passionate about not only developing great software, but maintain infrastructure and optimize performance. In this role, you will develop, maintain, and build pipelines and monitor our development, staging, and test environments
At physIQ, we develop regulated software in a fast pace agile environment. Our developers have extensive experience in their areas, are life-long learners, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll work closely with Network Operations Manager as well as the rest of the development team to advance the entire physIQ platform and ensure customer success.
- In line with DevOps philosophy, fully own applications from design to operations
- Design and implement systems for deployment and infrastructure
- Participate in the agile planning (long term and short term) process for all work
- Work with the rest of software development team to ship code, maintain infrastructure
- Research and deploy best software and hardware to make others more productive and our applications at top performance
- Build, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot as needed
- Be vigilant and aware of new security threats. Make recommendation and implement new security technologies and policies
- Monitoring resource utilization, plan for growth. Capacity planning
- Advise developers on schema changes, optimize performance
- Production support
- 4-year Technical Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, or Math)
- Working knowledge of software development best practices
- Source Code Control, Testing (TDD/BDD), Documentation, etc.
- 2-5 years’ experience in DevOps role
- 3 years’ experience in a web application environment
- Outstanding performance tuning and troubleshooting skills required
- Knowledge of and experience with network stack, protocols, network management and monitoring tools
- Solid experience with Linux, Bash and Shell Scripting
- Solid experience coding in Java and Python
- Experience with Scrum or Agile Methodology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and progress multiple tasks in parallel
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues, problems and solutions
- Be available for a rotating on call schedule.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience developing with Distributed Systems using Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef or Jenkins
Chicago, IL; Naperville, IL
Stock Options, Health plan, and 401K
Competitive / Depending on Experience