Business Development Associate
PhysIQ is a medical technology startup developing and commercializing revolutionary, patented artificial intelligence analytic algorithms and software, using data from wearable body sensors, for advanced at-home patient monitoring in healthcare. We strive to provide a stimulating, flexible work environment for smart, talented people who want to work on fascinating new technology and deliver groundbreaking products for healthcare. Our management team has considerable experience with company-building, fundraising and successful commercialization of new technology products.
Do you have a broad-ranging interest spanning multiple technology platforms? Are you interested in business analytics and process automation? Do you enjoy working with a variety of systems, rather than being locked into one product or programming language? Are you fascinated by the challenges of delivering innovative technology to demanding users in the medical and healthcare industries? Then we have the challenges you seek!
The Business Development Associate is a key member of the physIQ commercial organization responsible for characterizing and quantifying market dynamics, leading commercial ops financial analysis, and converting pipeline activity into revenue. Responsibilities include managing all market intelligence efforts, leading associated financial analysis, and supporting pipeline conversion through customer needs assessment, proposal development and sales support. The BD Manager must be able to operate comfortably at both a strategic and tactical level and have the capacity to process and master a highly dynamic market in the context of physIQ’s value proposition and business goals. Given the nature of the company and market (both rapidly evolving), the BD Manager will play an important role in establishing the foundation upon which physIQ’s commercial enterprise will develop. This position will support commercial activities in all physIQ target markets.
- Sales Pipeline Support – Nurture, shape, and drive towards conversion of customer targets acquired via sales and marketing activities
- Customer Clinical Pilot Implementation Support – Working with Customer Success, ensure smooth and productive implementation of clinical pilots and convert to scaled implementations.
- Market Intelligence – Own all data and insight collection, documentation and internal dissemination of market dynamics, news, and key developments
- Competitive Intelligence – Own all data and insight collection, documentation and internal dissemination of competitors and competitive activity
- Financial Analysis and Support – Lead financial analysis activities within the commercial organization inclusive of initiatives at both market and customer/account level
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in education, life sciences or physical sciences. A Master’s in Business or other applicable area considered a plus
- Five+ years in a customer-facing, revenue-generating role, ideally in a high-growth, high tech organization. Experience working with SaaS based products required, familiarity with healthcare clinical workflow, IT tools, and medical devices highly desirable.
- A multitasker who considers herself/himself a “Player/Coach” with the ability to wear multiple hats simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable with all aspects of the sales cycle and tools necessary to nurture and convert opportunities.
- Technology savvy with experience understanding customer pain points and mapping to solution value proposition. Strong analytical skills with an affinity for IT tools required.
- Track record of establishing close and trusted relationships with customers and accounts. Demonstrated passion for building relationships and solving customer challenges. Ability to thrive in unstructured environment and desire to build and create new opportunities. Comfort with dealing with ambiguity and setting priorities while driving towards a practical solution. Highly organized, detail focused. This is not a 9-5 position.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff. Experience and ability in crafting and presenting new strategies and processes to the Sr. Management team with the ability to work in a collaborative, environment with a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.